I turned 42 on March 30, and I really wanted a better attitude when I woke up that day, but I never got that wish – until yesterday. And on that day, I was going to come on here and rant about all the shit that has been going on at my retail job; how I’ve been making $2 per-hour less than the men I supervise (not the women); how my NEW asshole neighbors kept me up all night fighting; how the isolation still kills me daily. Instead, I eventually decided to celebrate my 42nd birthday (a BIG deal for many reasons), even with my crap attitude, and make the best of what I had, even if I felt like shit. After a crappy shift at my retail job, I went to diner and shopping with a friend, and I was a crank-pot the entire way. I also spent the whole time being really angry at myself for not choosing to have a better attitude. I tried. It didn’t work.
Two days ago, I quit my crap retail job, and my new-found anxiety has been slowly leaving my body. Today, my stomach doesn’t hurt. Last night, I slept well. I have even begun having dreams again – something I’ve mostly missed out on for the past 15 years (or so). Right now, I’m writing a list on my blog – my lifeline – while waiting for a meeting to start a new company, and it’s a list of what I want to happen during my 42nd year. Plus, I’m craving Petits Fours, and I need to work through that. Let’s get the party started!
42 is the answer to Life! The Universe! Everything! Here’s what it’s going to be doing for my life this year:
- Remove The Book from Amazon (at least the printed version) and rework it a little, bringing the operation back in-house. It is really important to me that The Little Book of Kitchen Cheats is in the format I originally intended. I will be adding some information to it, and then printing, laminating, and sending from here. I will also be offering other eReader formats and the PDF again, for those of you who prefer to save the forests. I still prefer the printed version of books.
- Quit retail job. I already did this, and sent a scathing letter of resignation today, at the request of my former boss. I also filed an inquiry with the EEOC and started looking into what it’s going to take to get the Florida Labor Board (whatever it’s called) involved in my wages disputes – namely that I was working full-time with no benefits for 3+ months.
- Write more. By that, I mean that I’m going to publish my anthology, and finish my part of the novel I’m co-authoring with my dad. I’m also going to publish my bridal guide. Plus, I’m planning to write more here.
- Get BloggyPedia off the ground. So many people are struggling with blogging, and asking the same questions on repeat in my blogging groups, so I’ve got a site on the way that will help them through, and answer their questions.
- I have a weekly TV Show with my buddy Ted, and I’m going to keep that going for as long as we can. We talk about Management, Leadership, and other business matters for the Corporate Set. Tune In on Thursdays at 9PM Eastern. The video will also be uploaded after the broadcast on the YouTube Channel. Subscribe now. You never know what we’ll really discuss.
- Beach Parking Permit. I need one of these for the duration of my time in Sunny South Florida.
- Move back to Colorado.
So, that’s what I have planned. What are you planning for your spectacular year?