My mom makes this broccoli and cheese casserole for every holiday. Truth be told, it’s why I go home for the holidays. If it’s not on the menu, I request it. It is the perfect complement to every holiday meal, especially the winter ones. Now that I think about it, I don’t know a family that doesn’t serve some version of this.
- 1/4 Cup Onion 56.7 g, finely chopped
- 6 Tbsp . Oleo 84.7 g, margarine
- 2 Tbsp . Flour 28 g
- 1/2 Cup Water 118.5 mL
- 1 oz Jar Pasteurized Processed Cheese Spread 8 . / 237 mL
- 2 10 oz . Packages Frozen Chopped Broccoli 566.5 g, thawed and well drained
- 3 eggs well beaten and seasoned to taste
- 1/2 Cup Soda Cracker Crumbs 113 g
Heat oven to 325º F (170 º C)
Saute onion in 4 Tbsp. (56.7 g) oleo, until soft.
Stir in flour, add water, and cook over low heat until thick and bubbly.
Blend in cheese, add broccoli and eggs. Mix gently.
Turn into greased 1 1/2 quart (1422 mL)casserole.
Cover with crumbs and dot with remaining oleo.
Bake for 30 minutes.