Welcome to A Spork in the Road. I created this site in June of 2016, with the wholehearted intention of commandeering a Winnebago (or similar), and traveling around the US and Canada, checking out local farmers and restaurants that serve the communities where they thrive. Instead, what ended up happening is that I had a meltdown, and ran off to Florida, where I had an awakening (and a heart attack). I’d love to tell you that it fundamentally transformed how I live my life, but the truth is that I have always known my time here is maybe limited more than most. I’ve always kind of lived flying by the seat of my pants. Also, the traveling around the country never happened – but that was before the cardiac issues made sure I was paying attention. Well, I’ll tell ya that was scary as hell, and I’m paying attention. Gratefully. Luckily. Awakened.
I’m also ready to grab that Winne and take off on the road.
In the meantime, this is where I
unload share recipes, lessons, and playtime. Life is short, but it’s also succulent. I’m likely to run headlong into all the reasons it’s important to say “You’re Welcome”, while I’m making affordable Ceviche and showing you how to plan the perfect gift for your host or hostess.
Often, I overshare.
Sometimes I say fuck.
WHAT YOU’LL FIND HERE
- The best ways to eat, play, and thrive.
- Oxford Commas
- WAY TOO MANY ellipses and em dashes
I’M ALSO ON A SEARCH FOR A CIDER THAT DOESN’T MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I SLEPT WITH A TABLESPOON OF SUGAR IN MY MOUTH.
Got an RV you’ll let me run around in? Let’s talk!
WHO AM I?
I’m so glad you asked, random Internet visitor. I’m Terra, your hostess with the mostest during your stay. I have been blogging since 2002 (that’s eleventy-billion years in blog years), when it made the most sense in my budding marketing career. When I’m not here, I’m dishing LIVE on leadership, marketing, and life with my buddy Ted; teaching you how to blog; and pretending to be the VP of Content in The Department of Letters and Numbers at Flying Circus Media Group.
- I love bringing people together. I live for it, really.
- I cook, a LOT, especially for only one person.
- I am on Facebook, trying to make sure I’m in your feed.
- Twitter is where I’m witty in 140 characters or less (usually much less).
- YouTube is my newest love. Sometimes I spend a REALLY long time on camera being ridiculous.
- My Instagram is filled with random signs of life, from beagles to nephews, and all the food, yoga, and places I find myself in between.
- I’ve also been known to pin the heck out of some pins on Pinterest.
Anyway, thank you – from the bottom of my heart – for stopping by. If you find that cider, shoot me a note so I can go get some.
PS The words on this site are mine. Don’t steal my shit. If you want to use it, write me a letter. I’ll probably say yes. Plus, I love getting letters.